Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Don't Give Up!

What a day! First, let me say, "I'm HOOKED on Twitter." I'm not big on social networking, but I love this one. Shout out to all FOUR of my followers. I dare someone to beat that number. LOL

Secondly, I almost did something, I never thought I would do. GIVE UP! The pass weekend, I was dealing with writers block, so I tried focusing only on my book. Nothing work. No sitting quietly, not music, not even going out and being inspired by others. I tried channeling my energy into the characters, I was writing about. Well that finally worked. But then another curve ball came out, and that's when my faith to my craft was tested. I've been writing stories for myself, for almost four years. Earlier this year I was inspired, with the Amanda Hocking story, so I too decided, to publish my own books on Amazon. Well, it's easier than it looks. I have so much respect to all of the writers who've decided to self publish. It's SO not easy. If anyone told me how difficult it was, I would've thought twice before deciding to try it. LOL. Like Amanda, I kept getting denied. I still have my letters as proof. But yesterday, I questioned myself, on if I could really do this. Could I be that great writer, who inspires people? I know, I'm no Amanda Hocking, but we share the same beginning. So today, I sat, and thought about what I wanted. I loved the craft, before I became it, so how can I give it up? Please don't give up! As much as we get frustrated, we can't let one, or two problems, stop us from reaching out goals. DO NOT GIVE UP! I HAVEN'T!

No comments:

Post a Comment